Thursday, January 2, 2014

Gift Ideas for Book Lovers

       Happy New Year! I know it’s been quiet on here lately but I have been SO busy! I have been out of town A LOT (my wanderlust is becoming a problem…) and I have been working on a new YA/NA romance that I can’t wait to share with you all! I promise I’ll be more connected as things settle down. I guiltily write this as one of my New Year’s Resolutions is to blog more. What are some of your resolutions? Share in the comments!

So, I know this may be a little late but maybe you want to bookmark this page for next year, or find something to buy with that gift card!

1.       FOR THE TECHY BOOKLOVER- Kindle. $69-$424. This is an obvious choice, which is why I put it first. Give the gift that allows your recipient to have millions of books at their fingertips (Some of are even FREE!). Oh, and it can play movies and games.

2.       FOR THE BEAUTY and BOOKLOVER- Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish strips in “Love Letter” Around $7.99. I love these Nail Polish strips that look like a book is written on your fingernails. I try to wear them to signings and conventions and always get a lot of compliments on them!

3.       FOR THE AUTHOR BOOKLOVER-  Swag. Varies. I always say that the way to my heart is though my books… So what better way to excite your published friends then with swag made from their book covers! I have had mini book charms made, book marks, magnets, temporary tattoos and other swag inspired by the Hurricane series. There are several swag makers. I recommend Cassie Chavez of Cassie’s Crafty Creations. (Find her on FB!)

4.       FOR THE WRITING BOOKLOVER- USB Typewriter.  $$$. Old school meets new school. Splurge on this traditional typewrite that allows you to hook up your iPad and allows every writer to feel like Ernest Hemmingway.



5.       FOR THE COFFEE LOVING BOOKLOVER- Mug. $5-$15. What better way to curl up with a book then to pair it with a nice cup of hot coffee or tea. This may not be the most original gift idea but there are tons of mugs out there with snarky books designs that you can choose uniquely for your recipient.  Some of my favorites are “I like big books and I cannot lie”, “Shh… I’m reading!” and “Keep calm and read on”.

1 comment:

  1. HOW did I not ever see this post? Thanks for the shout out on the swag <3

    ReplyDelete