I’m participating in the Getting to Know You blog hop from April 18-April hosted by Kristina Perez and Rhiann Wynn-Nolet. This is for a really fun contest I’m participating in for my new YA.
- What’s the first thing you do when you begin writing for the day?
I read the last chapter of where I left off. I try to not to do too much editing and revising when I’m writing but I’d like to be put right back in the scene!
- Who’s the first writer who truly inspired you to become a writer?
That is a really hard one mainly because I don’t remember! I always loved writing, so it’s been something I’ve wanted since I was a little girl. I only wish I remember every book that influenced me back then, there were just so many!
- Did the final revision of your first book have the same first chapter it started with?
No, actually! I first started the book by dumping the reader in mid-scene but as revising went on, the beginning I have now just fit better. The reader is still jumping right into the action; just a little bit more is revealed.
- For your first book, which came first: major characters, plot or setting?
Characters!! It’s always been about the characters for me. They are what write the story for me. My next book is a NA and I already am *plotting* the plot and the characters are slowly coming together so that’s different for me!
- What’s the first word you want to roll off the tip of someone’s tongue when they think of your writing?
Ohh, that’s a tough one. Great voice? Wait, that’s two words!
Well, that was fun!! If you are participating in this blog hop, post below and I’ll be sure to check out your answers as well.