Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween! Here's a treat for you...

A deleted scene from 'Hurricane! This scene was shortly after Adriana was kidnapped by Hayden and Luke.

“No.” Hayden stood up defensively.
“Calm down, dear. This has been going on too long now. You know the consequences of the two worlds colliding. Besides, if it’s not you, you know it will be someone else.” Sansha’s voice immediately had calming effect.

“Sansha, we know what we need to do and we’ll get it done,” Luke chimed in.

“This isn’t about you or me and you know it.” Both of Hayden’s fists were clenched, and at that moment I thought there would be a fight. What my mind was really focused on is what they were talking about. Was it about me, and was I about to die?

Everyone was staring at my confused, fearful expression.

“Why don’t you two discuss this outside?” Sansha suggested, glaring at the doorway. “We’ll be waiting right here.” Her devilish stare returned to me.

Hayden and Luke nodded. “I’ll be right back and then we will leave, okay?” Hayden oddly caressed my cheek with the back of his hand before pulling a strand of my hair back behind my ear. I nodded in reply because I believed him. I trusted him; at least I wanted to trust him. I wanted to believe that I would make it out of here alive and that Hayden was the person I thought him to be.

Luke turned to go outside. Hayden’s body turned too but instead of moving toward the doorway he waited until Luke had left. Suddenly, he took one quick step towards me grabbing my thighs and throwing me over his shoulders. What was happening? I forced myself to keep my eyes shut as I felt Hayden jumping out the back window and sprinting away. I managed to open one eye, seeing a blur of trees and green which made me nauseous.

The bouncing wasn’t helping so I wrapped my arms around his waist to keep from moving up in down. That had been a mistake. I no longer knew if he was still running or we had stopped. All I knew was that my arms were wrapped around pure muscle and a flawless abdomen.

Finally, I felt myself falling but Hayden’s arms were still on my body. I released my hold from him as he lowered me onto a mossy tree trunk. I blinked my eyes, shocked to see nothing familiar in sight. My lips parted ready to demand an explanation but he bent down to my level. Dark hair spilled over emerald eyes and the words caught in my throat. With one hand behind my head, he began to apologize.

“I am stronger than he so I can outrun him. But it won’t be long…”

“Stronger than who?”

“My brother… it’s not what you think, Ana. He just needs some time to reconsider a decision he is about to make.”

No comments:

Post a Comment